Infrastructure Engineer, Discovery Experience YallaCase APPLY NOW
About the role
The Discovery Experience team is part of YallaCase’s core product team, whose mission is to build the world’s best Online Store, Checkout and Admin to set up and run a business. The team’s role is to help merchants sell by effortlessly surfacing compelling products to buyers. We build, scale and improve search and discovery experiences across many surfaces, including the YallaCase Online Store. The role uniquely blends infrastructure development, data engineering, and product-focused back-end engineering for building systems capable of working at planetary scale.
The Infrastructure Engineer will work on a platform that powers our information retrieval systems and helps our merchants and their buyers navigate the ever-increasing complexity of their business.
We are looking to add a curious and passionate engineer to our team! Do you like working on challenging technical problems, with people that are fun to be around? We’d love to talk to you.
Projects you could work on:
- Build streaming systems that can operate at massive scale (Kafka, Apache Beam, Google Dataflow, Kotlin/Java).
- Work with big data storage systems and tune them for maximum efficiency (Bigtable, Elasticsearch)
- Continuously improve our tooling, CI / CD and automated workflows (Ruby, Python)
- Build systems that are fast, reliable, and resilient.
- Strong programming foundations (we use a lot of Ruby and Kotlin, but we believe that good programmers can work in any language)
- Experienced in (or comfortable working with) at least one JVM-based language.
- Interest or experience in working with distributed systems and datastores. Bonus points if you love working with streaming systems (Kafka, Flink, Beam etc.).
- Enthusiasm for remote collaboration (our team is distributed!)
A drive for getting the most performance out of a piece of code.2023-05-31|||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|||Engineering & Development||||||zv5soarFH883Fj1l|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false